IGCSE PAPER 1 REVISION - A3. Autocracy & Revolt in Russia, 1881-1914
Which units are covered by Paper 1?
Paper 1 covers two of the units that you have studied: 'A3. Autocracy & Revolt in Russia 1881 - 1914' & 'C9.A Divided Union; Civil Rights in the USA 1945-74' . This page covers Russia.
You will have 90 minutes in the exam to answer all questions in each section. The question types are the same for both - you will find examination technique advice in the section below which applies to both units.
What will the examination paper look like? Open the document below for an example of the examination paper - make sure that you are very familiar with the layout and that you know which options to choose (A3 & C9 only).
1. Syllabus Checklist - use this to traffic light your revision:
2. Content Revision Guide Use this, in conjunction with your notes, to revise from. This document includes a timeline.
3. Revision Summary Diagrams Print off these summary diagrams and complete them using the guide above and your notes. This will help you to consolidate and analyse the material. Those of you who wish to be very thorough should do this on A3 - they are editable pdfs.
4. Exemplar Questions and Answers a) Work through this set of questions from the 2015 paper. Plan and write your responses to a 45 minute time limit. Read Sections 8 onwards in the Content Revision Guide for detailed examination advice. b) Review the annotated exemplar answers (you will need to download the document to view examiner annotations) and compare them to yours. Focus on identifying where you need to develop your structure or use of evidence.
5. Past Paper Questions with Advice and Mark Schemes This is a comprehensive list of all the past questions available for this unit, plus many more. You should try to plan / answer all of them as part of your revision. The question structure advice and mark schemes will help you to self assess.